Code: CZ PRAHA11
The College of Regional Development and Banking Institute – Ambis, a.s.
180 00 Praha 8 – Libeň
Erasmus+ Coordinator contact information
Autumn semester: 15 July
Spring semester: 1 November
Your home university has to nominate you by email to email@example.com
- Send both signed documents (Student application form and Learning agreement) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for visa (for non-EU students only!)
- Find accomodation
List of courses available to Erasmus students for academic year 2018/2019
Minimum English language level: B1
Maximum ECTS per semester: 30
Orientation meeting: first half of February (exact date will be specified by email)
Teaching period: mid-February – beginning of May
Examination period: beginning of May – end of June
Orientation meeting: mid-September (exact date will be specified by email)
Teaching period: mid-September – end of December
Examination period: beginning of January – mid-February
AMBIS doesn´t have own dorms, students find their own accomodation, sources upon request: email@example.com.
Extension of study period
It is possible for Erasmus students to extend their mobility at Ambis for an extra semester. Extension is not guaranteed and depends on capacity and organizational availability. Always ask the Erasmus coordinator at Ambis for current information.
Extension process at Ambis:
- Ask the Erasmus coordinator at Ambis about availability of extension and current deadlines.
- Talk to the Erasmus Coordinator at your home university about the possibility of extension (scholarship, limits etc.).
- Download the Extension form together with a new Learning agreement for the following semester and fill in all the details.
- The Extension form and Learning agreement must be signed by you and the coordinator at your home university.
- Submit the signed documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. The deadline is 2 months before the end of your current Erasmus period. Application submitted after the deadline will be automatically rejected.
- Provided that your application for extension is successful, you will be issued a new letter of acceptance proving your extension has been confirmed by Ambis.
- We remind non-EU citizens to personally and quickly renew/extend their residence permit/visa. It is the student’s responsibility to follow all the visa procedure deadlines.
Residence permit & visa
EU or EFTA students are legally obliged to register with the police in the place of their residence on the territory of the EU within 30 days of their arrival in the country if their intended stay will be longer than 30 days (§ 93, Law no. 326/1999). Please see the after arrival duties and registration requirements on the website of Czech Ministry of Interior:
Students from non-EU or non-EFTA countries who wish to stay in the Czech Republic have to apply for the visa – “Short term visa” or “Long term visa for a stay of over 90 days” depending on the length of stay. Detailed information regarding the application procedure:
The study programmes at AMBIS are organized on the base of the ECTS credit system “European Credit Transfer System”. The Bachelor study programme at AMBIS is completed after gaining 180 ECTS credit points. An average requirement is 60 ECTS credit points in one academic year.
Since 2007 in accordance with the Act on Higher Education Institutions all graduates receive the Diploma Supplement. When completing the Diploma Supplement the utmost attention is paid not only to the content and the form but also to the language with the aim of the gradual creating of the conditions for gaining the Quality Certificate DS Label. Those students who have participated in the mobility have this fact written in their Diploma Supplement.
The outgoing students’ credit points from abroad are fully acknowledged on the base of the Transcript of Records as stated by the hosting university.
Maximum value of ECTS credits obtained in one semester at AMBIS for exchange students is 30.
Please make sure you know your home university’s requirements for minimum amount ECTS that you have to obtain.